COUNTRY DIRECTOR | MISSION WITHOUT BORDERS DENMARK
About the organisation
Mission Without Borders (MWB) is an international network of Christians who journey with the poor and marginalised, bringing practical and spiritual support with hope of a better future, enabling, and encouraging people to lift themselves out of poverty, always sharing the hope that is found in Jesus Christ. Their vision is to see lives transformed, across generations, with hope for the future.
Mission Without Borders International leads and co-ordinates the work of six countries in Eastern Europe where we carry out our project work among families and children, and 12 countries (including Denmark) where we raise prayer and financial support. An international staff team supports this work in terms of leadership, strategy development, best practise, fundraising, communications, finance and IT.
- An amazing opportunity for a senior fundraiser to move into an executive leadership role
- Working with, and developing the Danish chapter of a renowned international Christian organisation
- Competitive salary package plus national and international travel
Key accountabilities of the role
- Lead and develop the Danish team strategically and spiritually, maximising the generation of funds across Denmark through vision and leadership
- Work with the Chair and the International executive team to develop and execute the strategic plan
- To develop the regional “footprint” of MWB in Denmark, nurturing stakeholder relationships, being the figurehead to the public and media to build the MWB brand
- Recruit, develop and manage a team of fundraising staff and supporting donor care and administration staff
- Develop and strengthen the profile and awareness of MWB and its mission in the Danish donor market, particularly among Christian donors and churches
Knowledge, skills, and competencies
- An appreciation of and affinity with the Christian ethos of the Mission
- Experience in a senior fundraising role is preferred, with proven success in a range of fundraising disciplines and initiatives
- Educated to degree level or qualified by experience (preference given to a qualification in fundraising, marketing, or administration)
- Experience of working for an international, culturally diverse organisation
- High level of financial literacy and in-depth knowledge of reporting, ideally with knowledge of charity law and regulations
- Excellent communicator with the ability to influence others and communicate the vision and objectives of MWB in multiple and varied environments ranging from churches to corporates, to trusts etc.
Benefits to you
- An opportunity to work for an organisation where you will play a very central role and make a difference to many individuals and families
- The ability to impact the lives of others on a global scale
- Competitive remuneration package
To apply please submit your CV and an accompanying covering letter, explaining why you are interested in leading Mission Without Borders in Denmark – your values, skills and experience in meeting the criteria. Applications will be assessed on receipt
and shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
UnikRecruitment assists Mission Without Borders with the recruitment process. No knowledge of the identity of the candidate will be given to the company without his or her prior acceptance. For further information on this vacancy, please contact Michael Kjærgaard, UnikRecruitment at phone no. +45 2222 4000 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to receiving your application and CV for
this job in English language. Closing date for application is asap.